Electro Voice RE20
Electro Voice RE20
New prices from EV microphones
The Electro-Voice RE20 is a professional-quality dynamic cardioid microphone created specially for recording, broadcast and sound-reinforcement applications requiring essentially flat response over a very wide frequency range. The wide frequency response, coupled with excellent transient response, make the RE20 easily comparable to the finest condenser cardioid microphones and an easily operated “bass tilt down” switch corrects spectrum balance for use in longreach situations or other applications where bass attenuation is needed.
A true cardioid microphone, the RE20 offers greatest rejection at 180º off axis - directly to the rear of the microphone. Pattern control is so consistent that the frequency response is nearly independent of angular location of the sound source, creating virtually no off-axis coloration, yet providing greatest possible rejection of unwanted sounds.
Integrated Pop Filter
An integral blast and wind filter covers each acoustic opening on the RE20. In recording sessions or on stage, singers can “close talk” the microphone, singing with their lips almost touching the grille screen with no worry of “P-pops” or excessive sibilance. Part of the filter also shock mounts the internal microphone element, reducing the transfer of vibrations from external sources. The exceptional performance of the RE20 is achieved by using a large Acoustalloy diaphragm in combination with an exceptionally low-mass aluminum voice coil. Using this diaphragm assembly, the RE20 is capable of reproducing extremely high sound pressure levels with no fear of the overload and distortion often experienced with phantom powered condensers. The RE20 will also continue to function flawlessly in high humidity and elevated temperatures that would seriously degrade competitive condenser microphones.
Electro-Voice RE 20 Features:
• Time-tested broadcast and voiceover favorite
• Voice-tailored frequency response: 45 Hz-18 kHz
• Also ideal for instrument recording, especially kick drums and acoustic guitars
• Studio condenser response yet no powering required and immune to overloading
• True cardioid with no coloration at 180-degrees off-axis
• Bass roll-off switch
• Large Acoustalloy diaphragm and low-mass aluminum voice coil
• Steel case and hum-bucking coil provide exceptional magnetic shielding
• Impedance: 150 ohms balanced
• Sensitivity, open circuit voltage: 1.5 mV/pascal = 1 kHz
• 8.53' long x 1.94' diameter (2.14' at widest point)
• Includes stand clamp